In my opinion, Printful offers the best quality print-on-demand products on the market, but does Printful work with Etsy? Good news – Yes, it does, and integrating them is a great way to grow your business and offer high-quality products
Printful offers direct integration with Etsy, allowing sellers to create and manage listings directly from the Printful dashboard. You can change prices and shipping rates for order processing and fulfillment, making it easier to manage an Etsy shop efficiently.
Let’s jump straight in.
Disclaimer: When you buy something via my affiliate links, I sometimes earn a commission at no extra cost to you. I only recommend trusted sites.
Setting Up Your Etsy and Printful Accounts
Setting up your Etsy and Printful accounts is quick and easy.
Create an Etsy Account
To establish your online business, the initial step is to create an Etsy account.
Follow these straightforward steps to set up your account:
- Visit the Etsy Website: Access the Etsy website to begin the process.
- Register for a New Account: On the homepage, locate and click on the “Register” option, typically found at the top right corner, to initiate the account creation process.
- Provide Necessary Details and Verify Your Email: In this step, you are required to fill in essential details such as your email address, first name, and a secure password. Following this, a verification link will be sent to your email.
Click on the link to verify your email address and activate your account.
Create a Printful Account
After setting up your Etsy account, the next step is to create a Printful account. This account will allow you to access a variety of print-on-demand products that you can sell on your Etsy shop.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Visit the Printful Website: Navigate to the Printful website to get started with setting up your account.
- Click on “Start Selling” to Create a New Account: Once on the Printful homepage, find and click on the “Start Selling” option. This will lead you to the page where you can create a new account.
- Provide the Required Details and Verify Your Email Address: In this phase, you need to fill out the necessary information to set up your account. This includes providing an email address and creating a password. After filling out this information, you’ll receive a verification email. Click on the link in the email to verify your address and activate your Printful account.
With both your Etsy and Printful accounts set up, you are now ready to integrate the two platforms and start listing products on your Etsy shop. The following sections will guide you through this process step by step.
Integrating Printful with Etsy
Now that your accounts are set up, the next crucial step is to integrate Printful with your Etsy shop. This integration will allow you to manage your product listings and orders seamlessly.
Connect Your Etsy Shop to Printful
Connecting your Etsy shop to Printful is a straightforward process.
Here are the steps to achieve this:
- Log in to Your Printful Account
- Navigate to “Stores” from the Dashboard: Once logged in, find the “Stores” option in your dashboard. This section allows you to manage and integrate various platforms with Printful.
- Click on “Choose Platform” and Select Etsy: In the “Stores” section, you will find the “Choose Platform” option. Click on it and select “Etsy” from the list of available platforms.
- Follow the On-Screen Instructions to Connect Your Etsy Shop: After selecting Etsy, follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Etsy shop to Printful.
This process usually involves granting Printful permission to access your Etsy account to sync products and manage orders.
Tip: During this process, ensure that you carefully review and agree to the necessary permissions to enable a smooth integration.
Setting Up Billing Information With Printful
Setting up your billing information is a vital step to ensure smooth transactions and order processing.
Here’s how to set up your billing information in Printful:
- In Your Printful Dashboard, Go to “Billing”: From your Printful dashboard, locate and click on the “Billing” option. This section is where you can manage your billing information and view transaction history.
- Add Your Billing Information to Enable Payment for Orders: In the billing section, you will find options to add your billing information.
This information is necessary to enable payment processing for orders placed on your Etsy shop. You can add a credit card or PayPal account to manage your payments.
Example: You can add a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card as your payment method.
Tip: Ensure that the billing information you provide is accurate to prevent any delays or issues with order processing.
With these steps completed, your Etsy shop is now integrated with Printful, and you are ready to start adding products and managing orders..
In the following sections, we will guide you through adding different products to your Etsy shop through Printful and setting up your Etsy listings effectively.
Read this article about Printful: Is Printful Worth it? Print on Demand Review (2023). It tells you everything
The next step in setting up your Printful-Etsy integration is adding custom products to your new store. This process involves selecting the products you want to sell and designing them to suit your brand.
How to Choose Products to Sell on Etsy
Choosing the right products is crucial in building a successful online store. Printful offers a wide range of products that you can customize to your liking.
Here’s how to choose products to sell on your Etsy store:
- In the Printful Dashboard, Click on “Add Product”: Navigate to your Printful dashboard and select the “Add Product” option. This will lead you to a page where you can explore and select products to add to your store.
- Choose the Type of Product You Want to Sell: Browse through the available products and select the ones you want to sell. Printful offers a variety of products such as T-shirts, mugs, framed posters, phone cases, and more.
- Select the Product Variants: After choosing a product, select the variants you want to offer. By variants I mean include different sizes, colors, materials, etc.
Tip: Offering a range of variants can help cater to a wider audience, but remember to keep your target audience in mind when selecting product variants.
Design Your Products
Once you’ve chosen the Printful products to sell, the next step is to design them. Printful offers a user-friendly design tool that allows you to upload and adjust your own designs easily.
Here’s how to design your products using Printful:
- Use the Printful Design Tool to Upload Your Designs: Navigate to the product page and use the Printful Design tool to upload your designs. You can upload designs from your computer or choose from Printful’s library of design elements.
Example: If you are selling T-shirts, you might upload a series of graphic designs that resonate with your brand’s aesthetic.
- Adjust the Design Placement and Size as Necessary: After uploading your designs, use the design tool to adjust the placement and size of your designs to suit the product.
Tip: Ensure that your designs are well-centered and appropriately sized to create a visually appealing product.
- Save Your Designs: Once you are satisfied with your designs, save them to proceed to the next step. Saving your designs allows you to review them before publishing and makes it easier to make adjustments if necessary.
With your products designed and ready, you are now set to list them on your Etsy store. In the following sections, we will guide you through setting up your Etsy listings to attract customers and generate sales.
Setting Up Your Etsy Listings
After adding and designing your products, the next step is to set up your Etsy listings. This involves creating listings for your products on Etsy and setting up shipping profiles to manage deliveries effectively.
This is related: How to Make Money With Digital Art: 10 Ways to Profit
Here’s a guide to help you set up your Etsy listings:
Create Listings on Etsy
Creating accurate and appealing listings is a vital step in attracting customers to your Etsy shop.
Here’s how to create listings on Etsy through the Printful dashboard:
- In the Printful Dashboard, Navigate to the “Stores” Tab: Start by going to the “Stores” tab in your Printful dashboard. This tab contains all the necessary tools to manage your store integrations.
- Click on “Edit” Next to Your Etsy Store: Find your Etsy store listed under the “Stores” tab and click on the “Edit” option next to it. This will allow you to manage and modify your Etsy store settings.
- Sync the Products You Created with Your Etsy Shop: After clicking “Edit”, you will find options to sync the products you created with your Etsy shop. This ensures that your products are available for sale on Etsy.
- Set Up the Product Details, Including Title, Description, and Price: Now, it’s time to set up the product details. This includes adding a title, a detailed description, and setting a price for each product.
Example: For a T-shirt listing, you might include a catchy title, a description detailing the material and design, and a competitive price.
Tip: Make sure to use descriptive and engaging language in your product descriptions to attract potential customers.
Ali and Sumner Hobart have a very popular course with great reviews
Read these posts about Etsy:
- Is Selling on Etsy Worth it? Pros and Cons for Artists and Crafters
- Selling Digital Downloads on Etsy: Best Guide in 2023
- Where and How to Print Art Prints From Etsy (Downloads / Printables)
Popular Print-on-Demand Products to Sell on Etsy
In the ever-growing Etsy marketplace, offering products that stand out and meet the demands of customers is key.
Here are some of Printful’s best-selling items that you can feature in your Etsy shop to attract a wider audience:
T-shirts remain a popular choice due to their universal appeal and versatility. When selling T-shirts, consider offering a range of styles, including crewneck, V-neck, and long-sleeved options. You can also provide various fabric choices.
- Tip: Experiment with different design themes like minimalistic, graphic art, or quotes to cater to diverse customer preferences.
Wall art is what artists mostly care about. I have good news, the quality is pretty damned good. You can offer any variety of themes on a selection of paper stock, although a little research beforehand is wise to tailor your art to demand.
- Example: Consider offering custom options where customers can get to order the right size of art to fit existing frames.
Custom embroidered caps are popular on Printful. Dad and trucker hats make ideal gifts for men. Offer a range of cap colors and bold, simple designs
Tip: Sell your Dad hat with a matching T-shirt for extra sales
Mugs are a staple product that appeals to a broad audience. You can offer mugs with various designs, including quotes, graphic designs, or personalized options with names or initials.
Example: Create seasonal or festive-themed mugs to attract customers looking for gifts during specific times of the year.
Tote bags are not only fashionable but also eco-friendly. You can offer tote bags in various materials, including canvas and cotton, with options for different designs or personalized text.
Example: Create a line of tote bags with eco-friendly messages to attract environmentally conscious customers.
You can buy art mockups on Creative Market you should check it out.
Setting Up Shipping Profiles
Setting up shipping profiles is essential to manage deliveries and provide accurate shipping information to your customers.
Here’s how to set up shipping profiles on Etsy:
- Log in to Your Etsy Account: Begin by logging into your Etsy account where you manage your shop.
- Go to “Shop Manager” and Then “Settings”: Once logged in, navigate to the “Shop Manager” section. From there, go to the “Settings” tab to access various shop settings, including shipping settings.
- Click on “Shipping Settings” and Set Up Shipping Profiles for Your Products: In the “Settings” tab, find and click on the “Shipping settings” option. Here, you can set up shipping profiles for your products, which include setting shipping rates, delivery times, and shipping destinations.
Example: You might create different shipping profiles for domestic and international shipping, each with different shipping rates and delivery times.
Tip: Offering various shipping options, including expedited shipping, can enhance the customer experience by providing more choices and flexibility.
By following these steps, your Etsy listings and shipping profiles will be set up successfully, paving the way for a smooth and efficient selling process.
In the upcoming sections, we will delve into managing orders and enhancing customer service to build a successful Etsy business with Printful.
As your Etsy shop starts receiving orders, managing them efficiently becomes paramount. This step involves setting up order automation and understanding how order fulfillment works in the Printful-Etsy integration.
Automating your order process can save you time and prevent potential errors.
Here’s how to ensure that your order automation is set up correctly:
- Ensure that Your Printful and Etsy Accounts are Properly Synced: The first step in automating orders is to ensure that your Printful and Etsy accounts are synced correctly. This synchronization allows for a seamless transfer of order details from Etsy to Printful.
Tip: Regularly check the synchronization status in your Printful dashboard to avoid any disruptions in order automation.
- Orders from Etsy Will Automatically Appear in Your Printful Dashboard: Once the accounts are synced, orders placed on your Etsy shop will automatically appear in your Printful dashboard.
This feature allows for a streamlined order management process, where you can view and manage all orders from one place.
Example: When a customer orders a T-shirt from your Etsy shop, the order details, including the product type, size, and customer’s shipping information, will automatically appear in your Printful dashboard.
I follow Ryan Hogue on YouTube. He is a great communicator and knows his subject very well.
- Print on Demand Production: Printful, Printify & Gearbubble by Ryan Hogue
- Print-on-Demand Niche Research Masterclass by Ryan Hogue
- Print-on-Demand Graphic Design Masterclass by Ryan Hogue
Understanding the order fulfillment process is crucial in providing a smooth shopping experience for your customers.
Here’s how order fulfillment works with Printful:
- Printful Will Automatically Process and Fulfill Orders from Etsy: After an order is placed on Etsy, Printful automatically takes over the process of fulfilling the order. This includes printing the product, packing, and shipping it to the customer’s address.
Tip: You don’t need to manually confirm each order, as Printful handles this automatically, saving you time and effort.
- You Can Track the Status of Orders in Your Printful Dashboard: To keep an eye on the progress of orders, you can track their status directly from your Printful dashboard.
This feature allows you to monitor the production and shipping stages and also provides tracking information once the order is shipped.
Example: If a customer inquires about the status of their order, you can quickly check the order status in your Printful dashboard and provide them with accurate updates.
By setting up order automation and understanding the fulfillment process, you can manage your Etsy orders efficiently, ensuring timely deliveries and satisfied customers.
In the next section, we will explore how to enhance customer service and manage feedback effectively to build a successful and reputable Etsy business with Printful.
Customer Service and Feedback
As you venture further into your Etsy business journey, maintaining excellent customer service and managing feedback effectively become vital aspects. This step ensures that you build a reputable brand and foster a loyal customer base.
Here’s how you can excel in customer service and manage feedback proficiently:
Handling Customer Inquiries
Effective communication with customers is a cornerstone of a successful online business. Here are some strategies to handle customer inquiries adeptly:
- Respond to Customer Inquiries Promptly Through Etsy’s Messaging System: Etsy’s messaging system is your primary channel for communicating with customers. Make it a point to respond to inquiries promptly, showcasing your commitment to customer satisfaction.
Tip: Set aside specific times each day to check and respond to messages to ensure timely responses.
- Provide Information on Order Status, Shipping, and Other Queries: Customers may have various queries ranging from order status to shipping details. Be prepared to provide accurate and detailed information to address their concerns effectively.
Example: If a customer inquires about the shipping time for a particular product, provide them with an estimated delivery window based on the shipping profile set up for that product.
Managing Reviews and Feedback
Reviews and feedback are significant indicators of your shop’s reputation.
Here’s how you can manage reviews and feedback effectively:
- Encourage Satisfied Customers to Leave Positive Reviews on Your Etsy Shop: Positive reviews can significantly boost your shop’s credibility. Encourage satisfied customers to share their positive experiences through reviews on your Etsy shop.
Tip: You might consider including a small note with your shipments, kindly asking for a review if they are happy with their purchase.
- Address Any Negative Feedback Professionally and Work to Resolve Issues: In case of negative feedback, approach the situation professionally. Work towards understanding the issue and finding a resolution that satisfies the customer.
Example: If a customer leaves a negative review due to late delivery, you might offer a discount on their next purchase as a goodwill gesture.
Tip: Always maintain a calm and professional demeanor when addressing negative feedback. Remember, your response is visible to other potential customers as well.
By focusing on excellent customer service and proactive feedback management, you can build a successful and reputable Etsy business.
Does Printful Work With Etsy? Final Thoughts
Printful works seamlessly with Etsy, as it does with many other major platforms. I integrated Printful with my own website easily with the help of a plugin.
Printful is great, but you must check the quality of your product before you offer it for sale. I ordered 3 prints and a T-Shirt and I’m glad I did. The T-Shirt was superb and the printing was excellent. It surpassed my expectations.
I was impressed with 2 out of the 3 prints. One came out darker than I expected. That was probably because the image looked good on my uncalibrated monitor and it needed to be lighter from the start. That said, the printing was better than some local printers I’ve used.
There’s a lot to be said for Print-on-demand services and it does provide an extra income stream with relatively little effort. But will it make you real money?
Let’s be realistic, no it’s unlikely to generate good money. By the time everyone has taken the lion’s share of the profits, you’re left with the small change. Your profit margins are small. You must sell in volume to generate a decent return.
Etsy is a marketplace and the competition is fierce. You must post hundreds of items to have a chance of success and design products that are in high demand. You must research the market and meet the fickle needs of Etsy customers. So much for creativity.
Printful does work with Etsy but treat it as a sideline and you won’t be disappointed.
This is how I made a living for over 20 years. You can too, simply copy what I did – No hidden secrets
If You Want to Sell Your Art
Check this out!
Psst…it’s only $12.99!
These posts will also interest you:
- Is Redbubble Worth it? Pros and Cons For Artists (2023)
- 25 Platforms for Artists to Sell Their Art Online and Make Money
- How to Sell Art on Society6 in 2023: Is it Still Worth it?
- Places to Sell Art: 3 Offline and 16 Etsy Alternatives
- Is Selling Art on eBay Worth it? Pros and Cons (2023)
- Are Online Drawing Courses Worth it? I Chose 5 of The Best For You!
- Are Proko Courses Worth It? A Review – Pros and Cons
- How to Make Prints of Your Art: A Complete Printing Guide (2023)
- How Much Do Greeting Card Companies Pay Artists? A Concise Guide
- 19 Ways to Make Money as an Artist Online and Off (2023)
- Is Selling Art Online Worth It? Can You Make Money?
Get to grips with Print-on-Demand with this affordable course on Domestika
Hi, my name’s Kevin and I’m a real person!
I’ve been selling my wildlife art and traveling the world for over 20 years, and if that sounds too good to be true, I’ve done it all without social media, art school, or galleries!
I can show you how to do it. You’ll find a wealth of info on my site, about selling art, drawing tips, lifestyle, reviews, travel, my portfolio, and more. Enjoy